I found this blog to be very eventful and eye opening. I never realized how much and how many
times we are exposed to so many different kinds of advertisements. I am now
more aware of all the different advertisements that we come into contact with
since doing this blog post.
When I first started doing research for this blog post I was
on campus. I never realized how full of advertisements campus was filled with
until I actually started looking for them. There are so many advertisements all
over campus whether they are in the SUB building or posted on poles outside on
your way to the different buildings. Some of these advertisements I found to be
pretty useless because they did not have enough information on them to make you
want to be interested in the club or event. When posting an advertisement I
think it is important that you put enough information on the poster so that
whoever is reading it will want to partake in the event or join the club. The
whole point of advertisements is for us to become interested in the product. Another
form of advertising that I saw on campus was with what people were wearing.
There were so many different logos on shirts that really no two shirts were
similar. Brands want to make their logos distinct and unique so that people
will want to wear the brand. The cooler the brand and the more people know
about it the more profit the company will make.
While watching television I felt that I was seeing the same advertisements
over and over again. Proactiv was one of the most common advertisements and was
played about three times every time the show went to a commercial break. No
matter what time of day I was watching television I always saw this ad being
played. Some of the advertisements were really clever and funny and actually
made me want to go out and buy the product. For me if the ad is funny and
catchy then I become interested in the product. Some of the advertisements were
straight informational and made me want to change the channel because they were
so boring.
I learned a lot from this blog post and I realized how many
advertisements we are shown everyday. I think that advertisements do what they
are put out for and get people interested.
Amanda -- OK, but what do you think of the situation? How does it affect you? How might it affect society? What is the impact on the way we think about life to be so surrounded? Think about this.
ReplyDelete